HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsNew Members and...New Members and...Heli-coil forks in the north eastHeli-coil forks in the north east
Previous

Next
New Post
20/03/2011 21:32

Hi, does anyone know where I can get a heli-coil put in to a post mount bolt hole on my RS sids? I've partially stripped the thread and want something a bit more secure. Preferably in Newcastle.

Cheers

Matt

New Post
21/03/2011 21:07

it is a very easy job to do yourself its just a case of drilling out the hole then tapping it and screwing in the helicoil

if by post mount you mean the brake caliper fixing point i have still a few coils left also the correct drill and tap to do it yourself

gimme a shout if you want one free of charge.

spicy 516 ohh like getting on a horse but smoooooth as silk

New Post
21/03/2011 22:34

Hi Gaz, to be honest I'd be pretty reluctant to try and do it myself as I'd rather pay a bike shop or someone to do it for me (I'm not the most mechanically apt!). Would be worried about the risk and wrecking the lowers really.

Matt

New Post
22/03/2011 09:40

Your best and cheapest option matt is to go to an engine machine shop
Not sure were in ncle your at but there are a couple of good machine
Shops behind the metrocentre engine rebore services next to dunston mechanics is
One I always use also engine and gear box is very good just search for a shop that does cylinder head skimming and you will find a few close
To were you are
The job will only take 15 mins to do

spicy 516 ohh like getting on a horse but smoooooth as silk

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsNew Members and...New Members and...Heli-coil forks in the north eastHeli-coil forks in the north east