HomeHomeEventsEventsRidesRidesSunday 16th July Romaldkirk Loop Sunday 16th July Romaldkirk Loop
Previous

Next
New Post
13/07/2017 12:53

Curlews, Peewits & Reservoirs

This Sunday will be in Teesdale taking in some fantastic scenery along the way. Starting from Romaldkirk we head on the Teesdale way railway path and across the viaduct connecting to a lane which takes us up and across Cotherstone moor.

Connecting to lane then back on to moor past the shooting ranges; we then head up to Loups’s Hill and its Stone Age carving; then across the Pennine way which takes us in front of Goldsborough rock which dominates this very wild moorland.

Passing the rock we drop on to a lane which leads us to Blackton Reservoir then it’s up and over to Grassholme Reservoir more climbing I’m afraid as we head up and connect to the Pennine way, not for long as bridle way will lead us across Crossthwaite Common and then down Holwick Fell and its scars.

Road will take us past Mickleton and then on to Teesdale way railway path which leads back to Romaldkirk.

Graded as Red + Distance 25 miles

Car parking can be found over Eggleston Bridge NY 99489 23129 (Collingwood Bank) or at Romaldkirk Village. Meet at Rose & Crown Pub at 9:00am leave at 9:30 please do not park on any grass or in front of driveways.

Bring food and trail munchies no shops on the way round, Pub stop at Rose & Crown at end of ride.

Romaldkirk Grid ref NY 99544 22090

Please ring or text me before 6PM Saturday 15th if you are coming so I can watch out for you.
Simon Chivers - 07884471070

Previous

Next
HomeHomeEventsEventsRidesRidesSunday 16th July Romaldkirk Loop Sunday 16th July Romaldkirk Loop