HomeHomeEventsEventsRidesRidesSunday 6th August - Blanchland and AllendaleSunday 6th August - Blanchland and Allendale
Previous

Next
New Post
02/08/2017 21:34

This Sunday 6th August the club away ride is quite local as it starts at Blanchland and loops over to and back from the Allendale Valley taking in a mix of moorland tracks, singletrack through the heather and a bit of quiet singletrack road. And a few ford/river crossings.

From Blanchland there’s a canny warm up and gentle(ish) climb past Pennypie Farm before descending into Slaley Forest and then down a long descent to and across Devil’s Water. A short bit of singletrack road past Harwood Shield takes the route back offroad and up to Hangman Hill and over to Stobb Cross. The route then does a little loop towards Allendale and back round to Stobb Cross. With luck we’ll have a tail wind down off Hexhamshire Common towards Whitley Chapel before heading back into Slaley Forest and along the Carrier’s Way back to Blanchland.

The weather has been quite dry so I’m hoping it continues so we get hardpack tracks and a bit of dust.

Meet: Blanchland Car Park 09:30. Riding for 09:45
Distance: About 30 miles
Grade: Red
Food/Drink: Bring some as no stops planned.

Please let me know by 6pm on Saturday if you are coming so I know to look out for you.

Ta
Dave S

Previous

Next
HomeHomeEventsEventsRidesRidesSunday 6th August - Blanchland and AllendaleSunday 6th August - Blanchland and Allendale