HomeHomeEventsEventsRaces and Sport...Races and Sport...Sleepless in the SaddleSleepless in the Saddle
Previous

Next
New Post
31/03/2011 22:01

I'm starting to think about the 24 hour race season now the days are getting longer and nights are a little warmer!

There are many of these events in the calendar, all offering their own pros and cons. The last time there was a big club presence at Sleepless was in 2008, I don't need to remind those who were there that the weather conditions in the week leading up to the event made it a weekend to be banished from memory!! However, things have improved in recent years with the laying of additional hard core through some of the worst affected areas of the course, in fact last year was 24 hours of perfect dusty trails!!

There's no denying that the weather is a bit of an unknown and will make a big difference for any 24 hour event. However if you put things off for what might happend, you'll never do anything!! We are mountainbikers afterall!

I'm just interested to see who might be interested in doing it this year. It would be a great club expedition. There are various diffierent categories. For the brave/stupid, there's the solo mens and womens category. Then there's pairs, teams of 4 and 5 (5 has to be a mixed team).

The date for this year's event is 6th/7th August. Let me know if you're interested and I'll see if we can get some teams together...

www.provelosupport.co.uk/

A lot of people voiced an interest in more racing and team events at the agm so let's do something about it!

Other 24 hour events that people might be interested in include Mountain Mayhem in June (always a classic but a little further away) and, for the first time this year, the new 24 hour event run by the Nutcracker folk at Bramham Park (location for Leeds Festival) in July. There are many more, solo champs etc etc etc...

New Post
01/04/2011 09:32

Given the horrific memories of previous years 24 hour races, and the fact I'm built for comfort rather than speed, I'm actually kinda fancying the Nutcracker 24.

Perhaps we could get a few club teams together, and maybe even subsidise the entries, like we did for Selkirk last year...

New Post
01/05/2011 20:16

Im up for Sleepless, always like the event.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeEventsEventsRaces and Sport...Races and Sport...Sleepless in the SaddleSleepless in the Saddle