HomeHomeEventsEventsHolidaysHolidaysWeekend Away to Malham - 29th JuneWeekend Away to Malham - 29th June
Previous

Next
New Post
11/06/2018 17:09

Hi Folks

Now that I’ve got this weekend’s SSR sorted (there are 2 places left if anyone is fancies) It’s high time I started looking at the Malham weekend away!

Date: 29th & 30th June

Accommodation:

Miresfield Farm - http://www.malhamdale.com/miresfield.htm

I’ve stayed here previously and it’s a great base, smack in the centre of Malham’s picture post-card village centre.

It’s budget accommodation but very relaxed and friendly with the being breakfast is spot on!

There's other accomodation in the village if you fancy something a bit more glam, but ill leave that to you to sort out yourselves.

Predominantly a B&B (full on-suite rooms) with the option of camping in the garden areas, which is a bonus!

Note, only “camping” size tents can be accommodated – large “family” or “moon-base-alpha” type set-up won’t fit.

If you have concerns regarding size please let me know.

(there is also another camp site towards the Cove that we can use)

B&B is £64 per person for the two nights (no single nights I’m afraid)

Tents are £5, with option of £8 for a breakfast.

Large secure garage to store bikes too.

Post ride meals:

There are two pubs in the village.

Both survey great beer and good food.

Rides:

Saturday 30th

Summary: Figure of “8” loop via Settle to Clapham

This is the day ride I did last year, uses some of the SSR route and is an absolute cracker!

Distance: 35 mile ish.

Grade: Red+ with short-cut option.

Refreshments: 2 planned on route (1 tea room, 1 pub) with loads of pic-nic options.

Sunday 1st July.

Distance: 25 mile ish.

Summary: Couple of options for this……….. either a loop around Malham or a loop on the way home.

This will be decided by the people on the trip.

There is also some stunning walking around the area too so even if you don’t ride there’s lots to do.

As such, feel free to bring kids and the other half’s along if you so wish.

Anyone is welcome.

The club will pay for the camp pitches and subside the B&B to same value – ie £5 - for club members.

This will be returned on arrival in Malham.

I’ve spoken to the farm and there is availability, however, this will quickly go the closer we get to the date.

If you are interested in coming or have any questions please let me know asap.

I’ll need payment up front in order to book.

Ill be finalising the booking next Monday; 18th June.

Many thanks

Tont

chairman@beamishoddsox.co.uk - 07941720596

Previous

Next
HomeHomeEventsEventsHolidaysHolidaysWeekend Away to Malham - 29th JuneWeekend Away to Malham - 29th June