HomeHomeEventsEventsHolidaysHolidaysURGENT - Help needed for alps trip - ALL EXPENSES PAIDURGENT - Help needed for alps trip - ALL EXPENSES PAID
Previous

Next
New Post
30/07/2013 17:58

Hi,

I write as the voluntary organiser for Tyne Valley MTB club. Please accept my apologies if you have rec’d this more than once! It is a request for help

Once again cancer implications have changed Tyne Valley MTBs plans for our annual Alps tour by MTB at short notice. Our 2013 lady

support-driver has just recently told me she has discovered a large lump on her front upper chest area and she is now undergoing accelerated examinations with a view to major surgery. Its been confirmed its VERY serious but less important, we have lost our support driver for our up an coming Alps trip.

We are grateful a driver for the first 9 days has stepped fwd but so far the search for the second stint has drawn a blank. This is a request to ask if you or someone suitable you know is available to rescue us for the last 5 or 7 days – it is relatively easy for a second stint driver to arrive by plane from N/cle airport on 22/08 to take over from the first stint driver who will catch the same plane back to N/cle. All your essential costs will be covered.

Thurs 22/08: Fly ex N/cle 7am to Venice 1045 (minibus will be parked in the airport carpark and you will have a spare key) – drive 2.5 hours to collect our luggage from our 21/08 accomm then drive 1 hour or so to meet us at our next accomm on 22/08 using a satnav and / or map.  

Main job: Move our kit daily for 3 days and buy bread, cheese, ham & fruit etc for each lunch stop. 

Wed 28/08: Minibus should be back in N/cle at 4pm

OR flight back from Munich on 26/08 with the other riders (this option means only 2 days off work)

Naturally I hope one of you can do this for us and share our adventure and enjoy fantastic scenery, good crack and stay in amazing places.  Please think about it, discuss it, check your diary and get back to me soonest.

Gan canny: Ted

ted.liddle@btopenworld.com

01434 673038

Tyne Valley MTB

www.tynevalleymtb.co.uk 

2013 tour summary A4 updated.docx
Previous

Next
HomeHomeEventsEventsHolidaysHolidaysURGENT - Help needed for alps trip - ALL EXPENSES PAIDURGENT - Help needed for alps trip - ALL EXPENSES PAID